Wednesday, February 2, 2011

The Snowstorm




Today we ate the leftover hamburgers from our cookout on Saturday. They were good and reminded us of the warm weather we had over the weekend. Can you believe that Saturday (just three days before this storm) the weather was so nice and warm that we grilled hamburgers and ate outside? Take a look at that outdoor table now!





I know that missing all of this school means that we will have to go to school later into June, but I enjoy the snow anyway. I'm not sure I have ever seen a snow that was big enough. In other words, no matter how much we get, I am always a little disappointed that we didn't get more. I know it sounds crazy, and living father north would probably change my attitude, but they always get more snow somewhere else, and it just makes me jealous. Wouldn't it be cool if those steps in the picture below were completely covered with snow!


We have missed two days of school, counting today, and they have already cancelled school for tomorrow. I won't be surprised if we miss the rest of the week, but I have been taking good advantage of these snow days. I actually enjoy being stranded at home for awhile, and I haven't set foot outside except to step out on the porch to take some pictures. Yesterday, I finished the baby quilt for Katie, worked on my Bible study, did some house cleaning, and spent time reading a good book. Today I spent more time on the Bible study and have worked on things for school. I plan to spend the rest of the afternoon doing lesson planning, creating a study guide and test, and getting everything planned out and substitute plans written in order to be gone from school for a week or so once Katie's baby comes.

1 comment:

Susan Seaman said...

Looks like we have the same feelings about snow. We didn't get ANY with this storm, but it didn't disappoint me that much because they didn't predict that we would. I really hate it when we expect 6" and get nothing.